Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

Tell a little more about you! (Oh, do mind me)

Anything not related to the programme. Other introductions and forum games go here. Post anything that crosses your mind :)
JReca

Postby JReca » 02 Feb 2013, 02:24

Hi everyone!

I've been in this forum for some time now, but it's usually quiet. And the only post we use is the welcome thread. I'm here to change things a little!

I open this Off-topic thread for all the people here to introduce themselves besides your name and career. Talk (not too much!) about your hobbies and interests. Who are you in your free time or outside your studies? You don't have to post personal information, just talk a little about you.

I'm a musician (I play various instruments, composer, singer, arranger...), as well as an avid reader and writer. During my free time, I also play videogames and watch series (anime mostly). I have the need to be informed of everything I like so I lose a lot of time surfing the web hunting news XD.
I love learning about culture and history... well, I love learning new things, actually.

And what about you?
Totonno

Postby Totonno » 02 Feb 2013, 14:45

Apart from being a chemist-wannabe, in my free time I usually play football, go running, go to cinema frequently, and I do volunteering with disabled people. I'm a big fan of "One Piece" mangas, so I hope to go to Japan also to meet and thank its creator! :-)
Erre

Postby Erre » 03 Feb 2013, 13:40

Thanks Jreca, the welcome post is starting to be pretty filled up!

To begin mi nick stands for Roberto which is my name, my main hobbies are videogames, new technologies, live music, cinema and TV shows (such as HYMYM, Big bang theory, Breaking bad, Dexter, and a huge etc), also I'm not very keen on sports but I practise sometimes skate
I used to read manga and watch anime, but lately its hard for me to get hooked to them!
What I enjoy the most is travelling, learning new languages, meeting new people and trying rare beers!
Airdawg
Joe Average

Postby Airdawg » 05 Feb 2013, 00:38

Hi everyone and thanks JReca, I like the initiative.
I guess I should introduce myself too since I'm one of the founding members.

I'm Flavius(aka Airdawg, aka Sturnus), a third year Computer Science student. Nothing much about my career, I'm a system administrator at a repair shop/car wash. I'm also the newtork manager in the dorm I'm living in.

I used to be a musician like JReca until I took--- (*gasp* I almost did something bad and I should feel bad about it). Anyway, I used to play cello and accordion a long time ago. My interests and hobbies include computer networking, aviation, travel, outdoor activities and keeping up with tech news.

THE one thing that raised my interest and seeded my love for Japan and japanese culture was James Clavell's book, Shōgun. After that, there was anime to keep the fire burning. I rarely watch anime nowadays, though that doesn't mean the fire is out :P

I'm not much of a gamer, even less an online gamer. I used to play MS Flight Simulator on IVAO servers, emulating real-world operations and procedures along with other aviation enthusiasts and real-world pilots. Nowadays I play World of Tanks and Google's awesome ARG, Ingress. That happens rarely though. Once a few days for a very short time.

‒‒‒‒ Airdawg
JReca

Postby JReca » 05 Feb 2013, 22:55

Airdawg wrote:I used to be a musician like JReca until I took--- (*gasp* I almost did something bad and I should feel bad about it). Anyway, I used to play cello and accordion a long time ago.
‒‒‒‒ Airdawg

Cello, airdawg? Cool, I've been playing the cello since I was 5^^

BTW, arrows in the knee are not a problem for musicians, even less for cellists :P
reteka
Admin back from Japan

Postby reteka » 05 Feb 2013, 23:58

Nice memories, the "About yourself" topic (^_^)

JReca wrote:
Airdawg wrote:I used to be a musician like JReca until I took--- (*gasp* I almost did something bad and I should feel bad about it). Anyway, I used to play cello and accordion a long time ago.
‒‒‒‒ Airdawg

Cello, airdawg? Cool, I've been playing the cello since I was 5^^

I'm going to say this, but don't misunderstand me, I love the musicians, I really admire all of you. Really >.< It's nice to be able to play some instrument that you like.

Well, about me, there is not so much, third year student of Electronic Engineering, like to know a bit about everything, gamer, geek, sci-fy maniac, avid reader, anddd, that's all xD.

I can express myself much better in person than writing (I suffered a lot with the motivation letter xD)

Return to “Other Discussions / Off-Topic”