Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

[Additional documents]

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

leqo

[Additional documents]

Postby leqo » 26 Nov 2017, 22:14

Hi everyone! This is the first time I'm posting on this forum, so let me briefly introduce myself.
My name is Leonardo, I'm from Italy and I'm studying computer science.

This year I would like to apply for the Vulcanus programme and, since I've been studying Japanese for almost 1 year, I was thinking of including an additional "recommendation" letter written by my Japanese teacher. For those of you who did the same in the past, what should I ask my teacher to write in the letter?
My intention was to get a letter that describes my ambitions, the fact that I'm very interested in the Japanese culture and the effort I put in studying the Japanese language. What else should I ask for?

Any comment may be helpful, thanks in advance!
lilo

Re: [Additional documents]

Postby lilo » 07 Dec 2017, 21:02

Hi Leonardo, nice to meet you :)
My name is Victoria and I am a French materials science and engineering student.

I am sorry, I will not be able to answer you as I am also new to this forum... But I think I have seen messages related to this matter in previous forums (people would always add more recommendation letters than required, however they did not talk about the content of said letters).

I take this opportunity to ask a question which, I think, belongs to this topic and may complete your previous one:

I am also applying for the Vulcanus programme this year (first time) and I recently did a three-month internship in Japan.
I was thinking of including an additional recommendation letter from my Japanese employer (still not sure if it is a good idea to add it to my dossier tho...), however he is very likely to write it in Japanese...
What do you think would be better: having it translated or sending it directly, since I thought of this letter as being mostly useful for the second part of the selection process (when getting checked by companies), if I am lucky enough to get shortlisted...

Thanks in advance!
leqo

Postby leqo » 08 Dec 2017, 11:44

Well, in my case I'll send both the English version and the Japanese one. If I were forced to choose only one, I would choose the English version (since the EU-Japan centre requires some documents to be in English).

Hope this helps, and good luck!
xPhYSiCsx

Postby xPhYSiCsx » 13 Dec 2017, 16:10

Hi people, Nikola here from Croatia. I'm studying physics.

My recommendation is that you should go to your office for international cooperation (in Croatia, that organ is called like that when traslated to english) in your mother university.

They should have the info. I'll post tommorow what my office told me.

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”