Specifying placement offers

Vulcanus in Japan 2018-2019 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: Ktrn, yez

leqo
Shortlisted Member

Specifying placement offers

Postby leqo » 02 Jan 2018, 12:28

Hi everyone,

I'm filling the application form right now and I'm wondering if I really have to fill in the placement offers boxes. Do you think it is better to leave them blank (so that I don't specify any "constraint") or is it a good idea to choose the offers I like the most?

I know that, after the shortlisting, you have to pick your favourite. But what about now, before sending the entire application?

Thanks in advance
pietro93
Shortlisted Member

Re: Specifying placement offers

Postby pietro93 » 07 Jan 2018, 13:42

Are there any positions displayed already?

You definitely do not need to fill in that section. I did not fill it in two years ago and I got shortlisted. After that, you are matched with a suggested position based on your cv, but you are free to apply to any other position if you wish and you may choose up to two preferences.
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Re: Specifying placement offers

Postby yez » 13 Jan 2018, 11:48

You don't need to fill in anything. In my case, they always completely ignored it and assigned some out-of-my-interest placement and I changed my preference during the second phase.
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”