Medical self-declaration

Vulcanus in Japan 2018-2019 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: Ktrn, yez

blancadms

Medical self-declaration

Postby blancadms » 06 Dec 2018, 15:21

Hello! I am a student from Spain and I want to apply this year to Vulcanus in Japan, I have a question about the doc. nº8 "Medical self-declaration".

For the little information that I found on the internet, I know that this document it used to be named Medical certificate. Maybe I am just building a big problem in my head when it is nothing to worry about. However, I am curious about what do you think: With a regular medical certificate signed and stamped for a General Practitioner affirming the two clauses, is enough? It is necessary to be an "official" document from your country? Or a Medical self-declaration is another type of document that you, the student, needs to be involved?

I am not sure if I express myself correctly, but I hope that you could understand the idea and you can help me with this doubt.

Thank you!
Blanca
hidesagred97
Shortlisted Member

Re: Medical self-declaration

Postby hidesagred97 » 07 Dec 2018, 20:23

From Spain too.

This is what i send last year:

Medic Center
X group

Mr hidesagred97, born the Xth of X of X, was checked today in detail. Hereby, it is reported that we didn´t find any sign of illness; in particular no signs of a contagious decease.
Mr hidesagred97 is in full heath and he is suited to participate in the exchange program (Vulcanus) in Japan.
This report is issued at his request in X, 18th of December 2017

Btw I have just realised that they have changed a bit the information document. The "Medical self-declaration" was "Medical certificate" before. I suppose that they want to pinpoint that we have to sign it along with our medic.
Audrey

Postby Audrey » 08 Dec 2018, 17:27

Yes, they do not require the same document this year. I actually made the certificate before checking T_T So after that, I wrote a letter myself and next week I will ask my general practitioner to stamp it and sign it.
I'm not sure if the regular medical certificate is accepted or not.
blancadms

Postby blancadms » 09 Dec 2018, 16:40

Thank you!

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”