Japanese level?

Vulcanus in Japan 2018-2019 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: Ktrn, yez

zaragui
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Japanese level?

Postby zaragui » 07 Jan 2015, 17:36

Hello everyone.

So I was finishing my application and I was wondering... I've lived in Japan before and I'm pretty much fluent in Japanese (passed the new JLPT N2 with 80% at the time). Do you think this will play in my favor or will it be against me? Won't they think "hey, this guy has spent 10 months in Japan already, lets give someone else the opportunity."?

Thanks in advance!
Airdawg
Joe Average

Re: Japanese level?

Postby Airdawg » 09 Jan 2015, 18:34

Hi, zaragui.

From what I see, it's actually the opposite. You may have noticed on the (fresh) host excel sheet that there are some companies that require casual Japanese levels. If your past professional experience is alright, your Japanese level should play in your favour, and you should at least get to shortlisting. From what I've observed over these last few years, the centre takes special note of candidates with Japan-related experience (see below). I think you won't have any problems regarding this session (at least up until the shortlist).

Good luck.
Supersale
Vulcanus alumnus (14-15)

Re: Japanese level?

Postby Supersale » 04 Feb 2015, 14:25

yup, you'll be put in another level as the rest. it plays in your favour actually

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”