Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

What happens after being short-listed?

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

red_nose
Formerly Shortlisted Member (15-16)

What happens after being short-listed?

Postby red_nose » 23 Feb 2015, 16:37

Hello guys,
this was my second time with the Vulcanus Programme and I couldn't believe I am short-listed.
I received the email from with all the instructions but I still haven't fully understood how things work from now on.

I have to choose no more than two host companies and write for each of them a motivation letter. And then what happens? Will I be interviewed in Brussels or the letter with all the documents sent to the companies is enough?
reteka
Admin back from Japan

Re: What happens after being short-listed?

Postby reteka » 23 Feb 2015, 16:56

It depends. As you have said, you may select two host companies (It be the centre recommendation or another). After you have sent the letters to the centre, the companies will choose the candidate, some may want to interview the candidate, or directly make the candidate the selected without any interview.

If they make an interview, is usually made by skype. Nothing more is needed from your part.
CapnJackSparrow

Postby CapnJackSparrow » 24 Feb 2015, 23:02

Hello, guys! Congrats to those selected! There are many of us who would like to know what exactly happens after you are short-listed! We know the basics (i.e. that you have to write two Motivation Letters for the companies), but I've read some stuff about Skype interviews, International Office at the University (?!? what for?), etc.. So, after ye finish this madness with the paper work, could you please make a tutorial, so everybody on the forum can know what to expect in the next years? I was thinking about a tutorial that starts with the receiving of the confirmation email that you have been short-listed. Thank you and good luck!
reteka
Admin back from Japan

Postby reteka » 25 Feb 2015, 17:31

True enough, I think I will do it this next week when I'm a bit free. ;)
Supersale
Vulcanus alumnus (14-15)

Postby Supersale » 10 Mar 2015, 03:08

most of us didn't have interviews, but if you have it depends on the comapny how they want to do them. for the rest, reteka is pretty right. except that the centre sometimes may not choose any company for you (as was in my case), in which case you can choose two on your own. Also if you don't agree with the centre's decission, you may ignore it and choose your own two companies. they will send your motivation letter to the first comapny and if that comapny chose someone else AND if your second comany didn't choose noone, they will send your second motivational letter to the second company.

anyways, good luck to all, gonna head out for some ramen now :P

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”