Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

2016 Applicants

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

wasabiman93
Shortlisted Member

Re: 2016 Applicants

Postby wasabiman93 » 27 Feb 2016, 12:41

Praxi wrote:1. Can I choose their suggestion as the second preference and other as the first one ? I should then tick "The recommendation does not fit my studies", but it is not true, because it fits, but less and i think that I would have better chance to be chosen for other.

2. How much can we "inspire" by our motivation letters sent with Vulcanus application ? Content needed for new letters doesn't really vary too much from the previous one. It only has to be more specific and refer to a company.

1. I am going to do that, I had the same concern about it but I think it is fine to change if the other placement fits you more.

2. My motivation letters look very similar to the one I sent with the Vulcanus application, I removed some things and added more about my academic background and how I can contribute to that company.
hqkqn337

Postby hqkqn337 » 28 Feb 2016, 15:46

Solstice wrote:If you didn't get the confirmation mail that's a shame... you should check the Spam inbox just in case, if not I am sorry but if the documents arrive there, they do confirm it. However, it seems you just didn't get shortlisted, right? (you would have got a second e-mail telling you the next steps). If you didn't get shortlisted you can't really know what is happening after that.

I e-mailled them again but they didnt answer..l sent the documents to the Brussels as it was written on the form..And l tracked my documents by EMS and l saw that it arrived there. But nobody respond =/
Airdawg
Joe Average

Postby Airdawg » 28 Feb 2016, 17:58

hqkqn337 wrote:..And l tracked my documents by EMS and l saw that it arrived there. But nobody respond =/

There's your problem. They specifically wrote on the Application Form: « No “registered mail” can be accepted. » – that means no tracking. Your file was most likely rejected at destination.
zepp
Formerly Shortlisted Member (16-17)

Postby zepp » 28 Feb 2016, 18:49

Airdawg wrote:
hqkqn337 wrote:..And l tracked my documents by EMS and l saw that it arrived there. But nobody respond =/

There's your problem. They specifically wrote on the Application Form: « No “registered mail” can be accepted. » – that means no tracking. Your file was most likely rejected at destination.

I could track my mail as well even though it wasn't registered and it all went fine
Airdawg
Joe Average

Postby Airdawg » 28 Feb 2016, 21:32

Different countries, differrent postal services, I guess.

Our national postal service states
Additional services
Registered (R)

The service whose features consist in offering a flat-rate guarantee against risks of loss, theft, total or partial damage or damage of the mail service item and in issuing, upon request, a proof regarding the submission to the access point or delivery to the addressee.

Upon posting the mail service item a registration number is given and an additional fee (fixed) is charged for each item.

The international letter items are registered for the entire length of the operational flow and monitored using the Track & Trace system.
jcarlosfg
Shortlisted Member

Postby jcarlosfg » 29 Feb 2016, 16:14

Hey guys, does anyone know if/when they'll confirm whether the new certificate of enrollment that we send is valid? I suppose I am not the only one in this situation since the list they sent is pretty long...
hqkqn337

Postby hqkqn337 » 29 Feb 2016, 17:09

zepp wrote:
Airdawg wrote:

I could track my mail as well even though it wasn't registered and it all went fine

But there was also another note like "post (normal or prior sending) " so, to be faster l sent it by EMS
Airdawg
Joe Average

Postby Airdawg » 29 Feb 2016, 17:18

I was also given the opportunity to send it with priority, but I chose to send it the simplest way and made it very clear to the clerk that it must not be registered.
It doesn't matter when it gets there, it matters when you send it. That's why the deadline refers to the latest postmark date.
hqkqn337

Postby hqkqn337 » 29 Feb 2016, 19:43

Yeah thats true but l told to the post office that for 5 times like "be careful they dont accept registered post so please be sure that its not registered!!" and the woman told me that "okay l did as you said its not registered" ...I am sure l did right..But to send it faster she used EMS and l was like "hmm maybe they have both EMS and non-registered one "
khrono
Formerly Shortlisted Member (16-17)

Postby khrono » 29 Feb 2016, 20:18

Hello everyone, I just found out this forum because someone posted about it on a facebook group. I have been shortlisted =)
My name is Lorenzo, and I am currently studying computer science in Milan (Italy).

For those who have to resend the certificate of enrollment like me: I sent a scan of the document to check if it was ok and they said yes. After that mail, I sent it by post.
jcarlosfg
Shortlisted Member

Postby jcarlosfg » 29 Feb 2016, 20:33

Ok then I will contact them to check, thanks!
Praxi
Active participant (16-17)

Postby Praxi » 29 Feb 2016, 20:47

Do you know if they will send our CVs to companies ? I am thinking how much of it shall I include in cover letter.
reteka
Admin back from Japan

Postby reteka » 05 Mar 2016, 08:50

@Praxi, yes, I think that they send the CV, regardless of that I included a little about the subjects that I took and are related with the internship. Just remembering how much I played with the spacing and page limits in that cover letter ... and do not forget to write about how much enthusiastic you are to be able to work with them hahaha
Praxi
Active participant (16-17)

Postby Praxi » 14 Mar 2016, 09:35

When in the last year the decision was announced ?

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”