Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

Tourism during Vulcanus

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

VLC89
Formerly Shortlisted Member (16-17)

Tourism during Vulcanus

Postby VLC89 » 23 Feb 2016, 14:30

Hello everyone, I called this topic "tourism during Vulcanus" in order to make it more general so it could be of interest for other people.

Is it possible to travel abroad during your stay let's say to China? Or are there any immigration limitations? My international office told me not to think about it because I'll spend the rest of the year in the office :roll: it would be nice to know whether it is true.

Anyway, what I'm concerned about is that October the 1st is my brother's wedding and I would regret to miss it. Any info would be of great help, thanks
Ktrn
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Re: Tourism during Vulcanus

Postby Ktrn » 24 Feb 2016, 01:14

We have the normal Japanese holidays (Golden Week and Obon Week being the longer ones) and also a bit longer Christmas holiday, so yes there is some time to travel.

Most of us have the visa for single entry only I think, but despite the name, you can go in and out of Japan. You just have to fill a specific form at the airport when leaving, tick one important box on that form and that's it. For China you'll need a visa though, but if you're a normal case you should be able to get one without a hassle.

The school requires you to get at least 95% attendance rate and as there are no holidays around Oct 1st I would say it will be hard to go. I'll also be missing a wedding of two of my best friends (getting married to each other) during this summer, but no can do.

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”