Some questions from a newbie

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: Ktrn, yez

Calveflow

Some questions from a newbie

Postby Calveflow » 10 May 2016, 14:49

Good afternoon!!

First of all, I would like to thank everybody that helps to mantain this forum as the reference for everybody interested in Vulcanus programme.

I have several questions (I have looked for response in older topics but I haven´t found it, sorry) that I would like to share with you.

1. I'm 27 years old but I would like to apply for 2017-2018 programme, is my age a problem?
2. I finished my degree in 2011 (Computer engineering), and I am working since then, but in 2016-2017 I will start my postgraduate studies. Are these five years without study a problem?
3. I have read that one of the compulsory documents that you have to add to your candidature is a recomendation letter of one of your teachers. Is a good idea to send a complementary letter from one of my bosses?

Best Regards and thanks in advance friends!!!
Ktrn
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Re: Some questions from a newbie

Postby Ktrn » 12 May 2016, 04:55

Hello! :)

1. It's true that the average age is usually lower, but I don't think your age is a problem.
2. As long as you're a student while applying, there should be no problems. They might actually consider your working experience as a big plus.
3. You can add additional documents to the file you send. For example, I sent three extras, one of them being a recommendation letter from my Japanese teacher in my home country (he's Japanese).

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”