Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

Some questions from a newbie

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

Calveflow

Some questions from a newbie

Postby Calveflow » 10 May 2016, 14:49

Good afternoon!!

First of all, I would like to thank everybody that helps to mantain this forum as the reference for everybody interested in Vulcanus programme.

I have several questions (I have looked for response in older topics but I haven´t found it, sorry) that I would like to share with you.

1. I'm 27 years old but I would like to apply for 2017-2018 programme, is my age a problem?
2. I finished my degree in 2011 (Computer engineering), and I am working since then, but in 2016-2017 I will start my postgraduate studies. Are these five years without study a problem?
3. I have read that one of the compulsory documents that you have to add to your candidature is a recomendation letter of one of your teachers. Is a good idea to send a complementary letter from one of my bosses?

Best Regards and thanks in advance friends!!!
Ktrn
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Re: Some questions from a newbie

Postby Ktrn » 12 May 2016, 04:55

Hello! :)

1. It's true that the average age is usually lower, but I don't think your age is a problem.
2. As long as you're a student while applying, there should be no problems. They might actually consider your working experience as a big plus.
3. You can add additional documents to the file you send. For example, I sent three extras, one of them being a recommendation letter from my Japanese teacher in my home country (he's Japanese).

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”