Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

Translation of list of grades

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

Rosie

Translation of list of grades

Postby Rosie » 10 Jan 2017, 10:19

Hello guys, I am getting crazy about that. My University doensn't provide this document in English, so I printed list of grades in Italian from website and then I have translated it by myself, is it enough or should it be an "official" translation?
My only option is asking to a sworn translator (by payment), if I find one :(
What do you advice me?
Thanks!
manu9

Re: Translation of list of grades

Postby manu9 » 10 Jan 2017, 12:25

Rosie wrote:Hello guys, I am getting crazy about that. My University doensn't provide this document in English, so I printed list of grades in Italian from website and then I have translated it by myself, is it enough or should it be an "official" translation?
My only option is asking to a sworn translator (by payment), if I find one :(
What do you advice me?
Thanks!

I took mine to a sworn translator. Here in Spain there are many. I'm sure there are also in Italy. Of course, here are a bit expensive (35€ per page).
Search the internet, sure there are some in your city.
Airdawg
Joe Average

Postby Airdawg » 10 Jan 2017, 17:18

If you believe your level of English is professional/near-native and you are confident about it, you can translate almost all the documents by yourself. Last time I applied, I had to translate the list of grades, the system of grading, the medical certificate, as well as write the letter of enrollment myself (which I got stamped and signed by the university administration office).

Seeing how the Centre does not require an official document for the list of grades (print from the website of your university can be accepted), you should be perfectly fine translating it yourself :)
Rosie

Postby Rosie » 13 Jan 2017, 12:33

Thank you guys! At the end Ms Murrell answered me and she confirmed there is no need of an official translation :)

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”