Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

Sending by DHL Courier

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

Rosie

Sending by DHL Courier

Postby Rosie » 13 Jan 2017, 12:37

Hello guys, I am going to send my envelope by DHL courier. I don't really understand what is registered mail, so is it ok sending by DHL? Of course I will have a tracking code, so is it considered a registered mail?
Thank you guys :)
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Re: Sending by DHL Courier

Postby yez » 13 Jan 2017, 14:36

Registered mail means 'Einschreiben' (assuming you are German/Austrian).

Means someone has to sign upon accepting the letter. So probably that isn't the case for you.
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...
Rosie

Postby Rosie » 13 Jan 2017, 15:11

Means someone has to sign upon accepting the letter.

Thanks yez! I am italian btw, my question arises just because when you receive something from a courier you have to sign (in Italy at least)! Otherwise couriers are allowed by Vulcanus policy and I don't trust italian mail service so...
If someone sent by courier in the past and everything has gone well drop a line please! :)
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Postby yez » 13 Jan 2017, 16:06

Well, just ask DHL if the recipient has to sign. If yes, it might be problematic. If not, it should be fine.

PS: Sorry for assuming you were German/Austrian ^_^ - just thought maybe because DHL, but then again... they are internationally present :).
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...
Rosie

Postby Rosie » 13 Jan 2017, 16:17

No problem of course, and thanks! :)

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”