Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

Resignation after short-listed

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

Mikanren

Resignation after short-listed

Postby Mikanren » 14 Jan 2017, 16:21

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if i am short-listed and the Vulcanus programme ask me to apply for 2 companies, can i refuse all the propositions and stop being part of the programme ? ( Because i don't want to work in japanese company if i feel it isn't suit to my personnal skills or if it isn't good for me :( )

Thanks in advance,
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Re: Resignation after short-listed

Postby yez » 14 Jan 2017, 16:48

The Vulcanus program will normally only suggest one position. You can either accept that or choose another position which you prefer and apply to that.
I did that and got accepted, so that a perfectly valid way to go. Even though that year in Japan was amazing, I can understand that you don't want to waste 8 months on an annoying job. But be informed, even if the position looks great on paper, you will never know what your experience will be like.

If you don't want to propose an alternative position yourself, you can quit and not reply with the necessary forms. More or less no harm done, other than taking up a spot on the short list.

If you should, however, get as far as being accepted for a position and then resign that would be quite the **** move.
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...
Mikanren

Postby Mikanren » 14 Jan 2017, 17:28

Thanks for the quick reply yez !
I was afraid about not having other possibilties than accept what vulcanus programme suggest. But you clarify it :)
Of course i would not resign after getting accepted for a position !
By the way do they show us all the position of the host companies at the end of feburary?
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Postby yez » 14 Jan 2017, 21:36

Yes, the complete list will be made available. Sometimes, a near complete list is even online just before the submission deadline.

I still don't know how they picked those positions for me. I applied twice in total...first time it was such a bad fit, its amazing. Second time was slightly better, but I still changed it. You will have more competition for the final position, but that's still better.
Definitely change the position if you don't feel you are a good fit either. There is no point in applying for a position, for which you don't have a matching profile (even if you like it). There are so many people applying, sometimes with a near-perfect fit to the position...be that person if you can :)
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”