Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

English mistakes, shame on me!

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

Yuri

English mistakes, shame on me!

Postby Yuri » 14 Jan 2017, 16:49

Hello guys, I am desperate, I think I have done something really stupid.
I collected my papers and sent them without problems but the very minute after sending I have realized that in my letter there was an english mistake: I have used contribute as a noun (so I wrote "... give my contribute..."), but actually it is a verb. I am so stupid I know. Do you think that I ruined everything?
Thanks for any moral support :(
jcarlosfg
Shortlisted Member

Re: English mistakes, shame on me!

Postby jcarlosfg » 14 Jan 2017, 17:20

Hey Yuri, I don't think you ruined anything! I mean, I'm sure the rest of the letter is good and also your application, just be confident about that! That is clearly a tiny mistake that we all make from time to time... no reason not to be selected!
P.S.: I have to confess that if I had made that mistake I would freak out too, but that's just because we really wanna be selected! No objective reason to worry :)
Yuri

Postby Yuri » 14 Jan 2017, 17:25

Thanks jcarlosfg for your words! I felt so stupid, everybody told me to keep calm but I just can't :D
Btw now it's done, so... :)
FFX

Postby FFX » 14 Jan 2017, 20:32

I highly doubt that kind of mistake does have any impact.
Furthermore, I can imagine that many people do apply, who do have bigger mistakes in their application.

So no worries, good luck!

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”