Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

Japanese language requirements

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

bodysonke

Japanese language requirements

Postby bodysonke » 16 Jan 2017, 12:29

Hi!
First I`d like to wish everybody all the luck they can get!

So my question is about the already posted positions on the official site. Regarding the language ability... Some companies stated that they expect some level of proficiency in japanese. Does this mean that the candidates for the given position must have some kind of certificate before the 4 month language course during the programme?
Up, Down, Charm, Strange, Bottom and Top
Ktrn
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Re: Japanese language requirements

Postby Ktrn » 16 Jan 2017, 15:22

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

If I'm looking at the same file, I don't see any company that requires Japanese over English. Most companies have mentioned that daily life level Japanese is required, but you will learn enough on the Japanese course even if you start from zero. In a case like this, you don't need to prove anything.

However, previous Japanese knowledge is (or should be) considered as a plus while applying, so if you have any certificate, even JLPT N5 or a beginner course completion one, be sure to add it to your application. :)

Also, it's quite rare, but there might be positions which require you to have higher level Japanese for example business level. In this case you would have to prove them your skills with a certificate like JLPT N2 or higher as well as most likely in a Skype interview with them.
bodysonke

Re: Japanese language requirements

Postby bodysonke » 16 Jan 2017, 18:06

I thought that too, but decided to ask anyway. :D
Thank you for the fast response!
Up, Down, Charm, Strange, Bottom and Top

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”