Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

"Original" documents

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

Srce

"Original" documents

Postby Srce » 18 Jan 2017, 18:48

Hi everyone!
Because i am out of my country doing exchange, i had difficulties getting the original of the recomendation letter and of the enrollement certificate. The mail didn't arrive here on time, but i have the scan, do you think that will be problematic?
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Re: "Original" documents

Postby yez » 18 Jan 2017, 20:53

http://cdnsite.eu-japan.eu/sites/defaul ... y_docs.pdf

Documents listed in blue above must be:
original

I would say it is a sub-optimal situation.

i) You have roughly 1-1.5 days left, I guess they won't arrive in time?
ii) If they don't arrive in time, you are left with two options. Send the application with copies, don't send it at all.

So best you can do, wait until you really need to send it (aka 20th January), if real ones arrive send them, otherwise send copies.

Eventually they will need them, maybe you can either submit an additional document, saying you will forward the originals once they arrive (or after you are shortlisted). Or they will ask for them, themselves - but I wouldn't count on that.

Theoretical 3rd Option:
Get another original of the recommendation letter, make a trustworthy friend pick it up, get him to print the whole application for you, mail it for you, buy him a crate of beer.
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...
Srce

Postby Srce » 18 Jan 2017, 21:00

The problem with the 3rd Option is that my friend would not have the signed Application Form nor a signed Motivation Letter. I think i will try the sending part of the documents and asking my friend to send the ones missing directly from my country.
Ilias95
Shortlisted Member

Postby Ilias95 » 18 Jan 2017, 22:15

The Motivation Letter has to be signed?
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Postby yez » 18 Jan 2017, 23:33

Ilias95 wrote:The Motivation Letter has to be signed?

No, its a nice touch though if you do it, but no, it doesnt need to be.

@scre
gray area, but... let your friend "fake" the signature. :twisted:
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...
Srce

Postby Srce » 19 Jan 2017, 15:08

Well, I went after an original enrollment certificate from the university where i am doing my exchange to add to the copy of the one from my home university. With both it should be fine. The Recomendation Letter looks original enough, i hope. And i don't think it is going a major think. Let's pray now! Thank you for your help.

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”