Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

Actions after shortlisted

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

totoro
Selected Member

Actions after shortlisted

Postby totoro » 21 Feb 2017, 18:13

Hi,

First, congratulations to all the shortlisted :) And I sure the others will have more luck next time!

I am currently filling out the paperwork that needs to be sent out, but I have a few question:
- Name, title etc (in capital letters) - by capital letters do they mean like this John Doe or JOHN DOE
- Title of the email: your reference number + "acknowledgement" - ex. would this be ok: 1 + "acknowledgement"
- In the excel spreadsheet, where all the internships are listed, is the 3rd column the number of students/interns they accept?

They seem like stupid questions but I want to be sure.

Thanks!
Ilias95
Shortlisted Member

Re: Actions after shortlisted

Postby Ilias95 » 21 Feb 2017, 18:27

So you already have the e-mail with the list of actions to do next?
It's very weird because even though I'm also shortlisted I have no feedback from them, not even that they received my application or anything.
jcarlosfg
Shortlisted Member

Postby jcarlosfg » 21 Feb 2017, 19:20

Hey there! I'm in the same situation as you @Ilias95, I was thinking of contacting them in case we don't receive that e-mail but I guess we'll get it tomorrow or thursday tops, I'm sure they are working on it
ANU
Shortlisted Member

Postby ANU » 21 Feb 2017, 19:33

Guys, we are almost in 150! We should give them some time! :D
totoro
Selected Member

Postby totoro » 21 Feb 2017, 21:13

Yeah, contacting them sounds good if you don't receive the email in the next day or two.
Ilias95
Shortlisted Member

Postby Ilias95 » 21 Feb 2017, 23:21

jcarlosfg wrote:Hey there! I'm in the same situation as you @Ilias95, I was thinking of contacting them in case we don't receive that e-mail but I guess we'll get it tomorrow or thursday tops, I'm sure they are working on it

I just found out that I have received their e-mail but it was in my spam folder. Check if yours is there as well. If not, contact them asap, because we should send them the next documents by February 26.
jcarlosfg
Shortlisted Member

Postby jcarlosfg » 22 Feb 2017, 11:25

You were right, thanks! It was in the spam folder
totoro
Selected Member

Postby totoro » 23 Feb 2017, 08:17

totoro wrote:Hi,

First, congratulations to all the shortlisted :) And I sure the others will have more luck next time!

I am currently filling out the paperwork that needs to be sent out, but I have a few question:
- Name, title etc (in capital letters) - by capital letters do they mean like this John Doe or JOHN DOE
- Title of the email: your reference number + "acknowledgement" - ex. would this be ok: 1 + "acknowledgement"
- In the excel spreadsheet, where all the internships are listed, is the 3rd column the number of students/interns they accept?

They seem like stupid questions but I want to be sure.

Thanks!

I still have those few questions..and a few additional:
- What should be the name of the acknowledgement file?
- Time Roman font is ok (and any other as long as it's not a 'narrow' font)?
wasabiman93
Shortlisted Member

Postby wasabiman93 » 23 Feb 2017, 19:16

Hi! I was shortlisted too, can somebody add me to the shortlisted members? Thanks and good luck to everyone!
totoro
Selected Member

Postby totoro » 03 Mar 2017, 09:35

Now that we have submitted everything, we just need to wait. :|

Can somebody from previous years tell us more about what it looks like when you receive a response.
Each participant gets a response at a different time or do they send them at once?

And since they send the motivation letter somewhere in March how come we need to wait until the end of April?
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Postby yez » 03 Mar 2017, 10:41

No, one knows the true inner workings of Vulcanus and why it takes so long. Well....probably it's just you can't give companies such harsh deadlines like us ;).

Depends on your company. (very) few companies request a skype/telephone interview. Some get accepted early April. Some other on the very last day of the matching phase. I think in the shortlist thread of 2015 or 2016 you can see people writing on different days that they were accepted.
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...
totoro
Selected Member

Postby totoro » 04 Mar 2017, 20:12

Where can I find the shortlisted 2016 or 2015 thread?
ANU
Shortlisted Member

Postby ANU » 04 Mar 2017, 20:15

In the private area
Section "shortlisting"
There you can find 7 topics (2016,2015)

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”