Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

Your preferences

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

User avatar
Fredy
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 27
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 10:56
Been thanked: 1 time
Status: Offline

Your preferences

Postby Fredy » 24 Feb 2017, 11:01

Hey,

I was pre-selected for Vulcanus 2017/2018 and I thought it might be good idea to share our preferences so we can see what posts are very desired and what are being overlooked. (maybe it´s not good idea at all :D )

Since I am mechanical engineer with focus on CA systems I will apply for position no. 36 and as my second preference I am putting no. 17.

Cheers ;)

PS: Any chance there are some Slovaks/Czechs pre-selected as well ?
User avatar
Tiskar
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 23
Joined: 23 Feb 2017, 13:35
Has thanked: 2 times
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby Tiskar » 24 Feb 2017, 12:32

Fredy wrote:Hey,

I was pre-selected for Vulcanus 2017/2018 and I thought it might be good idea to share our preferences so we can see what posts are very desired and what are being overlooked. (maybe it´s not good idea at all :D )

Since I am mechanical engineer with focus on CA systems I will apply for position no. 36 and as my second preference I am putting no. 17.

Cheers ;)

PS: Any chance there are some Slovaks/Czechs pre-selected as well ?


Hello!

I was suggested to apply for nº 29, but I think I am gonna go for nº 28 and put 29 as my second preference. I am an industrial electronics engineer and currently studying a master in renewable energy in power systems, so that's why I think nº 28 is more suitable for me.

Were you suggested to apply for nº 36 or are you changing your preference just like me?
User avatar
Fredy
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 27
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 10:56
Been thanked: 1 time
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby Fredy » 24 Feb 2017, 12:56

Tiskar wrote:Were you suggested to apply for nº 36 or are you changing your preference just like me?


Changin suggestion. I was suggested no. 11, but it focuses mostly on automotive industry and I have very limited knowledge about that.
User avatar
TheGedas
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 47
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 13:40
Been thanked: 1 time
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby TheGedas » 24 Feb 2017, 13:47

Whoa, Tiscar, we both are applying for the same one :? I am a graduate student in electrical power engineering field and this option fits me 100% too. Looks like you are a valuable opponent. Now I have a shiver in my stomach... :roll:
I don't want to wish luck for my opponent, but at the end the best will win so it doesn't matter. Good luck, colleague ;)
Looks like we are ~5 people now for the same position. I would say its quite competitive :?
I wonder which one will be the most competitive 8-)
Last edited by TheGedas on 24 Feb 2017, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ANU
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Feb 2017, 13:10
Has thanked: 2 times
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby ANU » 24 Feb 2017, 17:57

Hi! I'm an industrial chemist and I've been suggested for placement n. 39. Someone else is applying for that?
User avatar
Tiskar
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 23
Joined: 23 Feb 2017, 13:35
Has thanked: 2 times
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby Tiskar » 24 Feb 2017, 19:06

TheGedas wrote:Whoa, Tiscar, we both are applying for the same one :? I am a graduate student in electrical power engineering field and this option fits me 100% too. Looks like you are a valuable opponent. Now I have a shiver in my stomach... :roll:
I don't want to wish luck for my opponent, but at the end the best will win so it doesn't matter. Good luck, colleague ;)
Looks like we are ~5 people now for the same position. I would say its quite competitive :?
I wonder which one will be the most competitive 8-)


:shock: Are you serious? Well, good luck to you too! How do you know how many people are applying?
User avatar
TheGedas
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 47
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 13:40
Been thanked: 1 time
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby TheGedas » 24 Feb 2017, 19:12

I dunno. I am just assuming 150 people for 50 placements, what means 3 ppl in each + you and me moving from another placements.
This is just my thoughts... xD
User avatar
Tiskar
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 23
Joined: 23 Feb 2017, 13:35
Has thanked: 2 times
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby Tiskar » 24 Feb 2017, 19:14

TheGedas wrote:I dunno. I am just assuming 150 people for 50 placements, what means 3 ppl in each + you and me moving from another placements.
This is just my thoughts... xD


Oh ok :D but maybe we are lucky enough and all the other people are moving too, so it's just between you and me :roll:
vivarwen
Selected Member
Posts: 15
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 13:35
Has thanked: 1 time
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby vivarwen » 24 Feb 2017, 19:24

hi everyone ! anyone applying for n.47 ? they are suggesting me n.47 but I like also 6 and 14
User avatar
TheGedas
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 47
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 13:40
Been thanked: 1 time
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby TheGedas » 24 Feb 2017, 19:44

Did you already submitted? Only if I saw your post a bit earlyer, I would have, maybe, chosen a different option, as long as there several that fits me. However, it was 5 minutes too late :-D
The committee option doesn't fit me so well... xD
User avatar
Tiskar
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 23
Joined: 23 Feb 2017, 13:35
Has thanked: 2 times
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby Tiskar » 25 Feb 2017, 00:16

TheGedas wrote:Did you already submitted? Only if I saw your post a bit earlyer, I would have, maybe, chosen a different option, as long as there several that fits me. However, it was 5 minutes too late :-D
The committee option doesn't fit me so well... xD


Sadly it is too late for me too... but I don't think I would have changed it since it is the one that fits me best.
Anyway, let's hope anybody else applies for that one :D
User avatar
RTTR
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 6
Joined: 02 Jan 2017, 14:43
Location: Poznan, Poland
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby RTTR » 27 Feb 2017, 10:41

Hi everyone!

Vulcanus committee suggested for me the placement n° 14, although my first choice was n° 17. I agreed with them and applied for n° 14 with n° 17 as a second placement. I'd like to know if there is somebody on the forum with these placements. I want to get to know more about my opponents ;) I'm graduated mechatronic engineer (but now I study another engineering course) with some manufacturing experience.
User avatar
ANU
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Feb 2017, 13:10
Has thanked: 2 times
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby ANU » 28 Feb 2017, 19:50

How we can ensure that the center has received the letter and form?
They said that we can not ask for any confirmation, but yesterday I contacted them for a query and they said they still have not received the form. Obviously I resent everything. What I want to ask is: if they do not receive anything from a short-listed, What would happen?
User avatar
Fredy
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 27
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 10:56
Been thanked: 1 time
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby Fredy » 01 Mar 2017, 08:57

I wrote an e-mail to the Vulcanus office to ask if it would be possible to post a list with people who they do not received papers from, but since they mentioned that they will not send the confirmation of receipt and there also might be problem with sharing personal information, I don´t really think we will get any answer.

I guess we have to trust the office and hope for our dreams to come true :)

EDIT: I got response but the e-mail was empty :? :lol: So i have no idea what that means, either they made a mistake responding or they can´t provide the information.

I dont have the courage to send another e-mail :lol: :lol:

EDIT2: I got another e-mail that stated they have my documents but nothing else. So I think it´s safe to assume that if you sent them your documents they got them, but if you want to be 100% sure I guess you need to contact them.

As for what happens if you do not submit your papers - I guess they just ignore your application.
User avatar
Uso
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 18
Joined: 01 Mar 2017, 22:56
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby Uso » 01 Mar 2017, 23:20

ANU wrote:How we can ensure that the center has received the letter and form?
They said that we can not ask for any confirmation, but yesterday I contacted them for a query and they said they still have not received the form. Obviously I resent everything. What I want to ask is: if they do not receive anything from a short-listed, What would happen?

Are you sending the documents to the correct e-mail address? Check it out, just in case.

Do you use a common e-mail service (Gmail, Outlook...), or maybe a "not so common" service?

Some e-mails may end in their spam folder and we do not know if they are checking that (maybe we should tell them?). Too bad they do not confirm the receipt...
User avatar
ANU
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Feb 2017, 13:10
Has thanked: 2 times
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby ANU » 02 Mar 2017, 05:50

I'm using Gmail and the vulcanus adress is correct, my emails are not goong in their spam folder cause they answered to my query.
Now I sent another email. Let's see what the say.

They just answered me. They have received all the documents.
User avatar
TheGedas
Shortlisted Member
Posts: 47
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 13:40
Been thanked: 1 time
Status: Offline

Re: Your preferences

Postby TheGedas » 02 Mar 2017, 16:11

Everybody are talking about how they got a response about the documents (even though it was said not to ask xD) from Vulcanus team while I cannot even get a response about problems with a certificate :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:

OK, false alarm. They said certificate issues will be processed from the next week ;)

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests