Dear fellow forum members, I would like to remind you about the confidential nature of the documents the Centre made available for us, thus I ask of you to refrain from posting links to the documents provided, especially the SHORTLIST and the list of HOST COMPANIES on the public part of the forums.

Thank you

––– Airdawg

Source of income during the program

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: yez, Ktrn

Paula

Source of income during the program

Postby Paula » 20 Aug 2017, 10:30

Hello,
I am new to the forum ^^ but I am really interested in this program. I actually plan to apply for it for the next session and hopefully I will be able to achieve my goal to go in Japan.
One of my interest is that if during the period a person stay in Japan and is a trainee under a company will they be payed? I ask this not because I am really interested in a real number but to know if it's hard to manage while being there. I can't ask my family to provide me money and even though I have saved money from my monthly scholarship and job, and I intend to save even more, it would be unrealistic to say that that the sum will be enough for such a long stay.
If you guys could help me with this information I would be greatful.
Have a nice day ^^.
cona11

Re: Source of income during the program

Postby cona11 » 28 Aug 2017, 09:27

Paula wrote:Hello,
I am new to the forum ^^ but I am really interested in this program. I actually plan to apply for it for the next session and hopefully I will be able to achieve my goal to go in Japan.
One of my interest is that if during the period a person stay in Japan and is a trainee under a company will they be payed? I ask this not because I am really interested in a real number but to know if it's hard to manage while being there. I can't ask my family to provide me money and even though I have saved money from my monthly scholarship and job, and I intend to save even more, it would be unrealistic to say that that the sum will be enough for such a long stay.
Have a nice day ^^.

Hi

Firstly, you don't have to be worried about your financial status because if you are awarded with this traineeship they will pay you 1,900,000 yens (About 14.000-15.000€). Besides they are paying you accommodation and the Japanese's Language Academy, so you have 15.000€ to pay your food, public transport, hung overs... You should be able to afford everything with such amount of money. Actually, most people have more money that they need, they take care about it.

P.S: I am planning to apply this year too! Hopefully we will be chosen!
Paula

Re: Source of income during the program

Postby Paula » 31 Aug 2017, 18:44

cona11 wrote:
Paula wrote:Hello,
Have a nice day ^^.

Hi

Firstly, you don't have to be worried about your financial status because if you are awarded with this traineeship they will pay you 1,900,000 yens (About 14.000-15.000€). Besides they are paying you accommodation and the Japanese's Language Academy, so you have 15.000€ to pay your food, public transport, hung overs... You should be able to afford everything with such amount of money. Actually, most people have more money that they need, they take care about it.

P.S: I am planning to apply this year too! Hopefully we will be chosen!

Hi!!!
Well, i was worried because I read that life is Japan is kind of expensive, so the idea of managing the money to pay the accomodation and the rest of the expenses from the given sum of money kind of scared me. But I am relieved to hear that the accomodation won't be a problem ^-^.
Oh, also, thanks for answering! I hope that will be able to go ^^!

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”