CV

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: Ktrn, yez

Tino

CV

Postby Tino » 14 Jan 2018, 21:28

I am using Europass for creating my CV and under personal information there is an option to put my picture. I always had it when I needed my CV in the past but I know that some countries don't like or even ignore CVs that have pictures in them. Are we allowed and is it recommended to use pictures in CV when applying for Vulcanus in Japan?
xPhYSiCsx

Re: CV

Postby xPhYSiCsx » 14 Jan 2018, 22:13

https://www.eu-japan.eu/sites/default/f ... y_docs.pdf

Compulsory document no. 2 does not say that you need a photo in your CV. For, is it recommended, I assume you can put a photo because you need to put a photo of you in your application form regardless.

Btw. what are you studying and what are your priorities? :)
xPhYSiCsx

Postby xPhYSiCsx » 14 Jan 2018, 22:15

Priorities as in, what will you apply for in the programme?
Tino

Postby Tino » 14 Jan 2018, 22:20

I am studying computer science. My priorities are web and/or mobile development. So far I am thinking about applying for Goldman Sachs or Asial, but first let's wait and see if we get shortlisted :D
xPhYSiCsx

Postby xPhYSiCsx » 14 Jan 2018, 22:42

Tino wrote:I am studying computer science. My priorities are web and/or mobile development. So far I am thinking about applying for Goldman Sachs or Asial, but first let's wait and see if we get shortlisted :D

Sounds awesome :D

As you can assume, I study physics. I plan to apply for NTT basic research laboratories. Good luck, man! I hope we'll see each other in Japan :D
Tino

Postby Tino » 14 Jan 2018, 22:54

I hope so :D Good luck to you too :D
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Postby yez » 15 Jan 2018, 11:00

Tino wrote:I am using Europass for creating my CV and under personal information there is an option to put my picture. I always had it when I needed my CV in the past but I know that some countries don't like or even ignore CVs that have pictures in them. Are we allowed and is it recommended to use pictures in CV when applying for Vulcanus in Japan?

It is allowed, and they probably get all variations of CVs. Personally, I don't include any pic on my CV (and didn't when I applied).
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...
pietro93
Shortlisted Member

Postby pietro93 » 15 Jan 2018, 15:48

I never had a picture or any personal information on my British CV, it was very weird for me to have to specify my gender and marital status when making a CV for Vulcanus. I also used the Europass and included a photo two years ago and I got shortlisted. This year I'm gonna try with a different format and a new picture :)
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Postby yez » 15 Jan 2018, 23:16

pietro93 wrote:with a different format and a new picture :)

If I were one of the screeners...you'd definitely get plus points for not using the fugly europass design :P
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”