Waiting for the deadline

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: Ktrn, yez

Ilias95

Re: Waiting for the deadline

Postby Ilias95 » 21 Feb 2018, 11:01

Congratulations to all short-listed people!
Those of you who posted that you got short-listed today, did you receive the mail today or yesterday?
If you did receive it today there's still hope. :P
emmepanta
Selected Member

Postby emmepanta » 21 Feb 2018, 11:09

Nope, still waiting for the admin to add me in the sub-group :)
Errete
Shortlisted Member

Postby Errete » 21 Feb 2018, 12:02

Ilias95 wrote:Congratulations to all short-listed people!
Those of you who posted that you got short-listed today, did you receive the mail today or yesterday?

Hi there! Shortlisted here too, I received the email yesterday.
Fredy

Postby Fredy » 21 Feb 2018, 12:11

I wasn´t shortlisted this year.

Congratulations to those lucky ones ;)
Audrey

Postby Audrey » 21 Feb 2018, 12:20

I haven't been shortlisted either .. :cry: Good luck to the shortlisted for what's next. As for me, I'll give it an other try next year.
filipchudzynski
Shortlisted Member

Postby filipchudzynski » 21 Feb 2018, 12:33

Hi, I've been also shortlisted. If anyone knows how to get to this group, please share your info :) good luck
xPhYSiCsx

Postby xPhYSiCsx » 21 Feb 2018, 14:42

I have not been shortlisted. Which merits do you people that have been shortlisted have? What is your background?
cona11
Shortlisted Member

Postby cona11 » 21 Feb 2018, 15:01

Thank u! I tell the same to u!

I received it yesterday at 15:00 p.m! Don't be worried! I am sure there're e-mails that have not been sent yet
cona11
Shortlisted Member

Postby cona11 » 21 Feb 2018, 15:07

xPhYSiCsx wrote:I have not been shortlisted. Which merits do you people that have been shortlisted have? What is your background?

Sorry, bro! Sure next time you get short-listed! If I am honest I did not expect at all to be shortlisted... I can just say that my major is Pharmacy and I've always tried to develop myself in different fields... I have been a student teacher since my first year of the degree, I have done volunteer work (I think this played a key role) helping Japanese people who live in my city and showing them my city, I have participated in some external practicals (Without any amount of money...). What is more important, I tried to explain in the motivation letter, that I would always give my best, in order not to shame my country and the EU because I will represent them if I am finally selected. I hope this will help you in the future. Best wishes!
Wik
Shortlisted Member

Postby Wik » 21 Feb 2018, 17:20

Thanks! I've also been shortlisted, received the email yesterday.
The AR Guy
Shortlisted Member

Postby The AR Guy » 21 Feb 2018, 21:03

Hi! I'm new to the forum!

Yesterday I also recieved the mail telling me that I was shortlisted! Could the moderators please move me to the right category? Thanks in advance!
The AR Guy
Shortlisted Member

Postby The AR Guy » 21 Feb 2018, 21:29

Hi all! I got my shortlisted mail yesterday!
pauline
Selected Member

Postby pauline » 21 Feb 2018, 21:33

Hello,

I am new on the forum and I have been shortlisted too !
roxanappop
Shortlisted Member

Postby roxanappop » 21 Feb 2018, 22:19

I've been shortlisted too! Still can't believe it :D It's just that the placement that they suggested doesn't match my level of studies and is not the best fit as a field either :? So, now I try to decide what placement to choose and start working on that letter. Do any of you know if we can choose something that requires M(master) while still being undergraduate(U)?
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Postby yez » 21 Feb 2018, 22:23

roxanappop wrote:I've been shortlisted too! Still can't believe it :D It's just that the placement that they suggested doesn't match my level of studies and is not the best fit as a field either :? So, now I try to decide what placement to choose and start working on that letter. Do any of you know if we can choose something that requires M(master) while still being undergraduate(U)?

You can try and I don't think the vulcanus team will stop you from trying. But... the host company gave out the requirement (not the EU-Japan Centre) - or in other words, your application might land in the trash bin within seconds of them seeing you are an undergrad. Maybe they check your CV and think you have a very impressive record of publication/awards/grades/whatever and give you a chance, but big gamble right there. Most shortlisted people are very good, if there is one good Master student for that position (and most likely there are already 4-5 assigned), you have a hard fight ahead. But its ViJ, so anything can happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...
hidesagred97
Shortlisted Member

Postby hidesagred97 » 21 Feb 2018, 23:39

I´m also an undergraduate but the EU-Japan centre suggested me to apply to a M/D intership. I think I´ll try it because it matches my preparation really well, even if it´s a risky gamble. I stil have a lot of years to get it (I want to do a 2 years Masters studies and maybe a Phd). Good luck to everyone!!!
pietro93
Shortlisted Member

Postby pietro93 » 22 Feb 2018, 13:24

I was in the same position two years ago, matched to a M/D position while in my bachelor. I applied anyways and didn't get it :D Two years later and at the end of my master, I'm going to give it another chance.
roxanappop
Shortlisted Member

Postby roxanappop » 22 Feb 2018, 18:11

yez wrote:
roxanappop wrote:I've been shortlisted too! Still can't believe it :D It's just that the placement that they suggested doesn't match my level of studies and is not the best fit as a field either :? So, now I try to decide what placement to choose and start working on that letter. Do any of you know if we can choose something that requires M(master) while still being undergraduate(U)?

You can try and I don't think the vulcanus team will stop you from trying. But... the host company gave out the requirement (not the EU-Japan Centre) - or in other words, your application might land in the trash bin within seconds of them seeing you are an undergrad. Maybe they check your CV and think you have a very impressive record of publication/awards/grades/whatever and give you a chance, but big gamble right there. Most shortlisted people are very good, if there is one good Master student for that position (and most likely there are already 4-5 assigned), you have a hard fight ahead. But its ViJ, so anything can happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I see... I've been thinking about that intensively, I have about 3 options that I am taking into consideration and I should really start working on that motivation letter :)) I was thinking on starting on 3 letters and see how each one goes, maybe that will help me choose. But one of those options, does require a M/D level and I am so scared about applying for it :(
emmepanta
Selected Member

Postby emmepanta » 22 Feb 2018, 19:42

Anybody knows if the list of shortlisted people is already on the website? the weblink we were provided in the email when Vulcanus acknowledged the reception of our applications is still inactive.
Miko
Shortlisted Member

Postby Miko » 22 Feb 2018, 20:01

emmepanta wrote:Anybody knows if the list of shortlisted people is already on the website? the weblink we were provided in the email when Vulcanus acknowledged the reception of our applications is still inactive.

We will be informed only by an e-mail. To access the website try to copy the link from an e-mail instead of visiting the hyperlink :)
roxanappop
Shortlisted Member

Postby roxanappop » 22 Feb 2018, 20:03

emmepanta wrote:Anybody knows if the list of shortlisted people is already on the website? the weblink we were provided in the email when Vulcanus acknowledged the reception of our applications is still inactive.

I don't think they will post the list. They sent emails on the 20th of february (2 days ago). You should have received an email telling you whether you've been shortlisted or not.
TheGedas

Postby TheGedas » 22 Feb 2018, 20:19

Check your spam/junk folder. Last year a lot of us found letters right there.
emmepanta
Selected Member

Postby emmepanta » 22 Feb 2018, 21:06

I was shortlisted but I was wondering if we'll get the complete list of people...I guess this is what the admin is also waiting for to add us on the private part of the forum?! maybe ?
Don't know :)
emmepanta
Selected Member

Postby emmepanta » 22 Feb 2018, 21:07

ah ok cool it's actually written (weblink) that there won't be any official list this year.
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Postby yez » 22 Feb 2018, 21:40

emmepanta wrote:I was shortlisted but I was wondering if we'll get the complete list of people...I guess this is what the admin is also waiting for to add us on the private part of the forum?! maybe ?
Don't know :)

And guess which user might be who in reality based on that list...? Well, gotta disappoint you - reality is that most admins don't care too much/ at all about this forum. Only Airdawg checked in recently, everyone else was over a year or longer ago.
aeon
Shortlisted Member

Postby aeon » 23 Feb 2018, 14:30

Hi everyone! I've been shortlisted as well, still can't believe it! ^^ Congratulations to all others!
I've been lurking here for while but finally made an account. Where can I find this shortlisted sub-forum?
Nax215
Shortlisted Member

Postby Nax215 » 27 Feb 2018, 11:01

Hello all!

I've had the luck to be shortlisted too, and recently I've found this blog. Finally joined it, and I'd like to access freely the sub-forum. Any moderator could lend me a hand? Also, congrats to the other shortlisted, and keep the effort to those who haven't been :)
cona11
Shortlisted Member

Postby cona11 » 27 Feb 2018, 14:33

Nax215 wrote:Hello all!

I've had the luck to be shortlisted too, and recently I've found this blog. Finally joined it, and I'd like to access freely the sub-forum. Any moderator could lend me a hand? Also, congrats to the other shortlisted, and keep the effort to those who haven't been :)

Hye man! Congratulations! What's your major?
Mrs.Chesire
Shortlisted Member

Postby Mrs.Chesire » 27 Feb 2018, 19:00

Hi everyone!

I'm Yolanda, a Biotechnology undergraduate student from Spain. This is the first year I'm applying for Vulcanus. In fact, I didn't know about its existence until just four days before the application deadline :shock:
Luckily, I've been shortlisted (congratulations to all others!). I'd like to have access to the shortlisted sub-forum too if possible :D
pietro93
Shortlisted Member

Postby pietro93 » 27 Feb 2018, 19:15

Mrs.Chesire wrote:Hi everyone!

I'm Yolanda, a Biotechnology undergraduate student from Spain. This is the first year I'm applying for Vulcanus. In fact, I didn't know about its existence until just four days before the application deadline :shock:
Luckily, I've been shortlisted (congratulations to all others!). I'd like to have access to the shortlisted sub-forum too if possible :D

How did you manage to get all the required documents within four days?! :o
Mrs.Chesire
Shortlisted Member

Postby Mrs.Chesire » 27 Feb 2018, 19:46

pietro93 wrote:

How did you manage to get all the required documents within four days?! :o

Well, I was really surprised too hahaha I was doing my final examns so I spent my little free time and part of the nights translating everything, but now I can say it was worth it :)
cona11
Shortlisted Member

Postby cona11 » 27 Feb 2018, 19:49

Wow, I love Biotechnology! Where do you study it? What placement are you applying for?

Btw, the moderators have not allowed anyone to access the shortlisted sub-forum yet...
Mrs.Chesire
Shortlisted Member

Postby Mrs.Chesire » 27 Feb 2018, 20:23

Wow, I love Biotechnology! Where do you study it? What placement are you applying for?

Btw, the moderators have not allowed anyone to access the shortlisted sub-forum yet...[/quote]

Hi cona11! I'm studying in Badajoz (I belong to the first class in this Degree here) and applying for placement n° 47 (no second choice).

Thanks for the info about the sub-forum!
cona11
Shortlisted Member

Postby cona11 » 27 Feb 2018, 21:22

Mrs.Chesire wrote:Wow, I love Biotechnology! Where do you study it? What placement are you applying for?

Btw, the moderators have not allowed anyone to access the shortlisted sub-forum yet...

Hi cona11! I'm studying in Badajoz (I belong to the first class in this Degree here) and applying for placement n° 47 (no second choice).

Thanks for the info about the sub-forum![/quote]

Oh, I love "Extremadura"! I understand! I applied as second choice for nº47! Hope some of us get selected! (I edit it because of I misunderstood that you have applied for placement 23º

You do not need to give thanks!
Last edited by cona11 on 27 Feb 2018, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
chris-varles
Selected Member

Postby chris-varles » 27 Feb 2018, 21:51

Hi folks,

I'm Chris, I got shortlisted too! Where can I find the shorlisted sub-forum?
khrono
Shortlisted Member

Postby khrono » 27 Feb 2018, 21:56

I posted on the shortlist subforum but It seems that many of you cannot access to it yet.
I made a google spreadsheet with our prefecences: https://goo.gl/RhuHWQ: feel free to add yours.
In the previous years they used it to keep track of remaining traineeships and so on.
chris-varles
Selected Member

Postby chris-varles » 27 Feb 2018, 22:06

Thanks, good idea!
Nax215
Shortlisted Member

Postby Nax215 » 28 Feb 2018, 18:30

cona11 wrote:
Nax215 wrote:Hello all!

Hye man! Congratulations! What's your major?

Thanks! Chemistry it is, I'm still undergraduate but I'm finishing this year
LucaL
Shortlisted Member

Postby LucaL » 03 Mar 2018, 13:08

Hi Vulcanians!
I am Luca, and I've just discovered this forum (maybe a little bit too late, it would have been useful during the application procedure!)
I have been shortlisted, too. Where can I find the sub-forum? Thanks in advance for the info and congratulations to all the members who did it!
roxanappop
Shortlisted Member

Postby roxanappop » 07 Mar 2018, 17:49

So, I put my choice on the list :3 Hope more people will do so. And I see people keep asking about a sub-forum, I will join their voices. Is there one yet?
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Postby yez » 08 Mar 2018, 18:02

Yes, there is a sub-forum. If you are logged in, you should be able to see it from one level up from here.

Since you are all engineers/scientists and highly qualified, you will be able to find it, I'm sure :). For everyone else, viewforum.php?f=114808

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”