VinJ 20/21 applicants

Vulcanus in Japan 2018-2019 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: Ktrn, yez

Giulia_F

Re: VinJ 20/21 applicants

Postby Giulia_F » 18 Feb 2020, 16:23

I have to send my certificate of enrollment again as well!
Polaris

Postby Polaris » 18 Feb 2020, 16:45

Hey! I got shortlisted as well!!

Good to hear that many of you were also shortlisted, and those who weren't, there are some other options you can check and try.

My documents seem to be ok, so I will focus on the next step. Good luck to everyone!
Speenda

Postby Speenda » 18 Feb 2020, 18:09

Polaris wrote:Hey! I got shortlisted as well!!

Good to hear that many of you were also shortlisted, and those who weren't, there are some other options you can check and try.

My documents seem to be ok, so I will focus on the next step. Good luck to everyone!

Sorry if I'm asking you this, but can you tell us more about your certificate of enrollment? I see that many of us have troubles with it, so maybe you can tell us something about it. What was stated in it? Have you required the official certificate of enrollment from your university or have you asked someone, maybe in the international relations office, to write a custom certificate for you? Thank you in advance.
Polaris

Postby Polaris » 18 Feb 2020, 18:31

Speenda wrote:

Sorry if I'm asking you this, but can you tell us more about your certificate of enrollment? I see that many of us have troubles with it, so maybe you can tell us something about it. What was stated in it? Have you required the official certificate of enrollment from your university or have you asked someone, maybe in the international relations office, to write a custom certificate for you? Thank you in advance.

No problem.

What I did was asking for the certificate of enrollment at the office in my Uni (secretary's office? I'm not sure that's the name in English), and they gave me two options. The first one was printing something from the intranet (but that wouldn't have been accepted officially) and the second one was filling a document (a request) of the official enrollment certificate (which I needed to pay for, the other one was free). When I came back from the bank with the request and the payment confirmation, I asked them to add a word document I printed myself as stated on the instructions like this one: "Mr/Ms (name of the student) is enrolled at the University (name of the university), (name of the city and country), for the entire academic year 2019/2020, at the faculty of (name of the faculty). Date/signatures” and asked them to sign the document and put the stamp at the same time when they filled the "official document" from the Uni. I sent the document I printed myself and that was enough, I kept the one that my uni gave me because there was no English translation and I didn't think it would be necessary to them.

I hope I made it clear enough, but don't hesitate if you need to ask anything else.
Speenda

Postby Speenda » 18 Feb 2020, 19:18

Polaris wrote:
Speenda wrote:

No problem.

What I did was asking for the certificate of enrollment at the office in my Uni (secretary's office? I'm not sure that's the name in English), and they gave me two options. The first one was printing something from the intranet (but that wouldn't have been accepted officially) and the second one was filling a document (a request) of the official enrollment certificate (which I needed to pay for, the other one was free). When I came back from the bank with the request and the payment confirmation, I asked them to add a word document I printed myself as stated on the instructions like this one: "Mr/Ms (name of the student) is enrolled at the University (name of the university), (name of the city and country), for the entire academic year 2019/2020, at the faculty of (name of the faculty). Date/signatures” and asked them to sign the document and put the stamp at the same time when they filled the "official document" from the Uni. I sent the document I printed myself and that was enough, I kept the one that my uni gave me because there was no English translation and I didn't think it would be necessary to them.

I hope I made it clear enough, but don't hesitate if you need to ask anything else.

That's wonderful. Thank you!
I requested an official document and I had to pay too, but I have no asked for additional documents. I think your word document is what the Vulcanus staff actually needs: now I hope that my international relations office will agree to sign and stamp this document.
tinaT
Shortlisted Member

Postby tinaT » 19 Feb 2020, 11:16

Hi guys!
Do you know if the form to fill for those who have been shortlisted need to print, sign and scan or if it can be fine even with a digital signature?
Thank you :)
Konstantinos

Postby Konstantinos » 19 Feb 2020, 16:46

tinaT wrote:Hi guys!
Do you know if the form to fill for those who have been shortlisted need to print, sign and scan or if it can be fine even with a digital signature?
Thank you :)

Hello guys!
I have been shortlisted too :D

On the top of the acknowledgement form it says to send a scan of the document. So I think it would be better to print, sign and scan. At least that is what I am going to do.
But I am not 100% sure.

Good luck with the match-making procedure to everyone!
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 21 Feb 2020, 09:17

I just sent the acknowledgement form and the motivation letter for the company! I'm nervous yet so excited, I hope to be accepted but if not I know I have put all my efforts in writing the letter as best as I can, so I won't have any regrets!

Now the only thing left is to send again the certificate of enrolment. I'm having some problems in getting it, now I'm keeping in touch with the International Relations Office of my department and I think they will be able to provide the document in the correct form.

How are you all doing?
Speenda

Postby Speenda » 21 Feb 2020, 09:18

I think I have some problems with the certificate of enrolment. I'm writing here since the administration told me that other people went there for Vulcanus (it's the University of Milan). They told me that this type of certification must be required behind payment with a stamp, like the standard certificate of enrollment, but it can be printed only in Italian and we need to ask an official translator for an English translation. Point is, Vulcanus only wants English documents.
Today I will mail Vulcanus and keep you updated.
Speenda

Postby Speenda » 21 Feb 2020, 09:45

Giulia_F wrote:I just sent the acknowledgement form and the motivation letter for the company! I'm nervous yet so excited, I hope to be accepted but if not I know I have put all my efforts in writing the letter as best as I can, so I won't have any regrets!

Now the only thing left is to send again the certificate of enrolment. I'm having some problems in getting it, now I'm keeping in touch with the International Relations Office of my department and I think they will be able to provide the document in the correct form.

How are you all doing?

Sorry to bother you, but are you by chance from the University of Milan too? In this case, what did the International Relations Office tell you?
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 21 Feb 2020, 14:05

Speenda wrote:
Giulia_F wrote:I just sent the acknowledgement form and the motivation letter for the company! I'm nervous yet so excited, I hope to be accepted but if not I know I have put all my efforts in writing the letter as best as I can, so I won't have any regrets!

How are you all doing?

Sorry to bother you, but are you by chance from the University of Milan too? In this case, what did the International Relations Office tell you?

No problem! I am actually from University of Pisa, but the central office here have issues with this particular document as well :( My international relations office hasn't got back to me yet, so I guess I'll wait until Monday and then figure out what to do! Let's keep each other updated!
Polaris

Postby Polaris » 21 Feb 2020, 19:46

How are you all doing?

I wrote mine too but I will wait until tomorrow and re-read it to send everything. I feel kind of the same, I made it this far at least, and if I don't get accepted its ok because I did my best and maybe there are people who deserve it more. (Although I really really want to get accepted).

Speenda wrote:I think I have some problems with the certificate of enrolment. I'm writing here since the administration told me that other people went there for Vulcanus (it's the University of Milan). They told me that this type of certification must be required behind payment with a stamp, like the standard certificate of enrollment, but it can be printed only in Italian and we need to ask an official translator for an English translation. Point is, Vulcanus only wants English documents.
Today I will mail Vulcanus and keep you updated.

I hope both of you can fix that with your enrollement certificate. Maybe you can translate it yourself? Since there are some documents that could be translated by ourselves, maybe you could ask vulcanus.
Speenda

Postby Speenda » 24 Feb 2020, 10:42

Giulia_F wrote:No problem! I am actually from University of Pisa, but the central office here have issues with this particular document as well :( My international relations office hasn't got back to me yet, so I guess I'll wait until Monday and then figure out what to do! Let's keep each other updated!

Good luck with your international relations office!
In the end here in Milan all the university offices are closed to the public due to COVID-19, so I think I will tell Vulcanus I have some problems in obtaining the certificate... Now I only need to gather all the required information for the email, which can be a bit difficult since much of it is not on the website (in fact there is no office explicitly called "International Relations Office", only many smaller offices)
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 24 Feb 2020, 11:16

Speenda wrote:
Giulia_F wrote:No problem! I am actually from University of Pisa, but the central office here have issues with this particular document as well :( My international relations office hasn't got back to me yet, so I guess I'll wait until Monday and then figure out what to do! Let's keep each other updated!

Good luck with your international relations office!
In the end here in Milan all the university offices are closed to the public due to COVID-19, so I think I will tell Vulcanus I have some problems in obtaining the certificate... Now I only need to gather all the required information for the email, which can be a bit difficult since much of it is not on the website (in fact there is no office explicitly called "International Relations Office", only many smaller offices)

I'm sorry for the corona virus situation in Lombardia, I hope you're fine!
The International Relations Office of Pisa sent me back to the general administrative office, so I guess there's not much that can be done on my side either :roll: I think I'll try going back to the administrative office tomorrow morning, otherwise I'll tell Vulcanus I have problems as well. Hope this situation gets sorted out, I'd be disappointed if I were to be excluded for this problem!
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 25 Feb 2020, 09:21

Update! (sorry for the double post)
An hour ago I went to the administrative offices and carefully explained the situation. They agreed in writing me a brand new document, different from the "default" one that wasn't accepted by Vulcanus. Guess what? While they were writing me the letter, the International Relations office of my department wrote me a mail saying that they also prepared a document where they stated exactly what was written in the Vulcanus mail. Yesterday I had no documents, today I have two! Does anyone need one? :lol: Of course I'm kidding, but anyway I'm so relieved right now. This afternoon, as soon as my classes end, I'll run to the post office and send it!

Speenda don't worry, I'm sure your situation will get sorted out as well!
hidesagred97
Shortlisted Member

Postby hidesagred97 » 25 Feb 2020, 11:20

Congratulations to all shortlisted!!!
If you weren't, try to apply next year and we'll, if you can't there is always other opportunities.

As a former shortlisted, I would advice you to remain as calm as you can,(which won't be much, let's be honest ).Take your time to write the letter and review it. Once you have send it check your mail every day and check spam also. Some companies will try to contact you to have an interview. It is possible to be selected without one, so don't get anxious if you don't get it.

Usually the selection process happens in the middle of march. The final selection changes every year, so check the forum to get an idea
Speenda

Postby Speenda » 25 Feb 2020, 14:01

hidesagred97 wrote:Congratulations to all shortlisted!!!
If you weren't, try to apply next year and we'll, if you can't there is always other opportunities.

As a former shortlisted, I would advice you to remain as calm as you can,(which won't be much, let's be honest ).Take your time to write the letter and review it. Once you have send it check your mail every day and check spam also. Some companies will try to contact you to have an interview. It is possible to be selected without one, so don't get anxious if you don't get it.

Usually the selection process happens in the middle of march. The final selection changes every year, so check the forum to get an idea

Thank you! How are these interviews like? I've never had a job interview with an IT company, so I don't know what to expect. I suppose they want to know our spoken English level and which type of position we're most suitable in the company, but who knows
hidesagred97
Shortlisted Member

Postby hidesagred97 » 26 Feb 2020, 07:57

Well, I never got one. Some companies always do them. Once you have your flair updated you will be able to search in last year thread. Some of the shortlisted that year got an interview
Speenda

Postby Speenda » 26 Feb 2020, 11:03

Giulia_F wrote:Update! (sorry for the double post)
An hour ago I went to the administrative offices and carefully explained the situation. They agreed in writing me a brand new document, different from the "default" one that wasn't accepted by Vulcanus. Guess what? While they were writing me the letter, the International Relations office of my department wrote me a mail saying that they also prepared a document where they stated exactly what was written in the Vulcanus mail. Yesterday I had no documents, today I have two! Does anyone need one? :lol: Of course I'm kidding, but anyway I'm so relieved right now. This afternoon, as soon as my classes end, I'll run to the post office and send it!

Speenda don't worry, I'm sure your situation will get sorted out as well!

If you've got two documents I'll happily take one of them :P Anyway, I'm glad you managed to get your certificate!

As for me, in the end I mailed Vulcanus about my problems. They answered me they will try to follow up once the university will reopen. I hope everything goes well.
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 26 Feb 2020, 13:49

I sent the certificate this morning, from now on I'll really try to stay calm and not think about Vulcanus too much (until the end of March, then I think I will start freaking out again ahahah)
Did anyone that had to re-send the certificate of enrolment notify Ms. Rosada after sending it? I think I'll do it just to make sure they know, 'cause they may receive it after March 2nd.
Makicamak

Postby Makicamak » 27 Feb 2020, 10:20

Hi everyone, shortlisted candidate here! Nice to meet you all. I’m concerned a bit bcs I sent an email to Vulcanus to inform them about the certificate problem, but haven’t got a response yet :shock: has anyone been in contact with them for the last couple of days or got any emails? I’m concerned that for some reason they won’t reply to my email :cry: ? Thanks!
Speenda

Postby Speenda » 27 Feb 2020, 14:54

Makicamak wrote:Hi everyone, shortlisted candidate here! Nice to meet you all. I’m concerned a bit bcs I sent an email to Vulcanus to inform them about the certificate problem, but haven’t got a response yet :shock: has anyone been in contact with them for the last couple of days or got any emails? I’m concerned that for some reason they won’t reply to my email :cry: ? Thanks!

I mailed them on Tuesday: Ms. Rosada replied the same day after some hours, but I think she did because I explicitly asked a question about some missing information in my mail. If your email has all the required information and you haven't asked anything maybe they don't "need" to answer.
Makicamak

Postby Makicamak » 27 Feb 2020, 15:39

Speenda wrote:
Makicamak wrote:Hi everyone, shortlisted candidate here! Nice to meet you all. I’m concerned a bit bcs I sent an email to Vulcanus to inform them about the certificate problem, but haven’t got a response yet :shock: has anyone been in contact with them for the last couple of days or got any emails? I’m concerned that for some reason they won’t reply to my email :cry: ? Thanks!

I mailed them on Tuesday: Ms. Rosada replied the same day after some hours, but I think she did because I explicitly asked a question about some missing information in my mail. If your email has all the required information and you haven't asked anything maybe they don't "need" to answer.

Actually I did. I mentioned in the subject of the email as instructed and that there is a problem because my university can’t issue the certificate in English :cry: I’m kind of worried now and sent them an email again, I hope they reply :/ thanks for the info Speenda!
Ilias95

Postby Ilias95 » 27 Feb 2020, 18:48

Hey. I also mailed them last week about an issue I had with the certificate and I didn't hear back for 2 days. Then I got a mail from my university clarifying the situation. Apparently they contacted the university directly. The interesting/weird thing was that I checked to which e-mail was the university replying. And I found out that it was a response from Vulcanus to my initial e-mail. IE I never received the Vulcanus e-mail directly, but I was just able to see it because my university replied to it (and I was supposed to see it because it started with "Dear student"). I wonder if they forgot to forward it to me.

Then 3 days ago I sent them a scan of the new certificate I got and asked them if they could confirm that it looks good. I still didn't get any answer to that. So I wonder if they didn't reply or if for some reason I didn't receive the answer again.

Did anybody asked for a confirmation that their letter is fine and got a response?
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 28 Feb 2020, 17:02

Ilias95 wrote:

Hey. I also mailed them last week about an issue I had with the certificate and I didn't hear back for 2 days. Then I got a mail from my university clarifying the situation. Apparently they contacted the university directly. The interesting/weird thing was that I checked to which e-mail was the university replying. And I found out that it was a response from Vulcanus to my initial e-mail. IE I never received the Vulcanus e-mail directly, but I was just able to see it because my university replied to it (and I was supposed to see it because it started with "Dear student"). I wonder if they forgot to forward it to me.

Then 3 days ago I sent them a scan of the new certificate I got and asked them if they could confirm that it looks good. I still didn't get any answer to that. So I wonder if they didn't reply or if for some reason I didn't receive the answer again.

Did anybody asked for a confirmation that their letter is fine and got a response?

Yesterday I wrote a mail to Ms Rosada notifying that I sent the new certificate, and I got no response. I actually expected no replies, since I didn't ask any questions in my mail!
CacahuateLoco

Postby CacahuateLoco » 29 Feb 2020, 19:51

Hi again guys!

One question for future reference for the shortlisted members: Did you make your own CV or did you use the Europass template?

Thank you, and good luck on this next step.
ArthurK6
Shortlisted Member

Postby ArthurK6 » 01 Mar 2020, 08:25

CacahuateLoco wrote:One question for future reference for the shortlisted members: Did you make your own CV or did you use the Europass template?

This year I made my own CV, but nothing fancy, basic CV structure. Last year I used Europass template. Both were good enough for shortlisting, I guess. Remember to include all the information they require in "How to prepare the compulsory documents" file.
CacahuateLoco

Postby CacahuateLoco » 01 Mar 2020, 19:55

ArthurK6 wrote:This year I made my own CV, but nothing fancy, basic CV structure. Last year I used Europass template. Both were good enough for shortlisting, I guess. Remember to include all the information they require in "How to prepare the compulsory documents" file.

May I ask if the CV was just 1 page or both sides?

Thanks again!
Unicornslayer

Postby Unicornslayer » 02 Mar 2020, 13:47

CacahuateLoco wrote:Hi again guys!

One question for future reference for the shortlisted members: Did you make your own CV or did you use the Europass template?

I usually make my CV in Google Docs and share it with my friends (Comments only).
I heard Europass is a big No for some companies
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 02 Mar 2020, 14:40

I did my own CV, using a free word template I found online (with some small adjustments). I chose not to use Europass because of its template, that I personally find too dispersive, but it's just my opinion! I think what matters most is the content (and of course avoiding making it too short or too long). Mine was 1 page and a half long.
Speenda

Postby Speenda » 02 Mar 2020, 21:58

I was tempted to do something on my own, but in the end I used the Europass template.
ArthurK6
Shortlisted Member

Postby ArthurK6 » 03 Mar 2020, 19:56

CacahuateLoco wrote:May I ask if the CV was just 1 page or both sides?

Thanks again!

It was two pages long for me, printed one sided, on 2 pages.
danaekikue
Selected Member

Postby danaekikue » 06 Mar 2020, 02:05

I would like to congratulate the ones that already got shortlisted as well, as a Vulcanus already in Japan, any questions that you may have, I will be glad to help. Even though I am not sure I remember most of the document process now, hahaha. Saw that this year there were 3 greek people applying, wow! It's spreading in Greece this program. Anyways, good luck with the rest of the procedure!
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 13 Mar 2020, 08:55

Hello guys,
how are you all doing?

As an Italian person, I have to say I'm getting used to staying at home all day long. The first days have been tough, I'm not gonna lie, but I'm aware this measure is FUNDAMENTAL to make the COVID-19 spread decrease.
I'm a bit concerned about the Vulcanus program, I hope it doesn't get cancelled because of the difficult situation European countries and Japan are living right now, but I would totally understand if that was the case.

I wanted to write this message to tell you that everything is going to be fine if we all follow our governments' directions, and in April/May I'm sure we will all look back at this period with relief!

Have any of you heard from Vulcanus/the company you've been matched to? If I'm not wrong the proper selection phase started around the half of March last year, and the majority of people heard back between the start and the half of April.
Polaris

Postby Polaris » 13 Mar 2020, 09:36

Giulia_F wrote:Hello guys,
how are you all doing?

As an Italian person, I have to say I'm getting used to staying at home all day long. The first days have been tough, I'm not gonna lie, but I'm aware this measure is FUNDAMENTAL to make the COVID-19 spread decrease.
I'm a bit concerned about the Vulcanus program, I hope it doesn't get cancelled because of the difficult situation European countries and Japan are living right now, but I would totally understand if that was the case.

I wanted to write this message to tell you that everything is going to be fine if we all follow our governments' directions, and in April/May I'm sure we will all look back at this period with relief!

Have any of you heard from Vulcanus/the company you've been matched to? If I'm not wrong the proper selection phase started around the half of March last year, and the majority of people heard back between the start and the half of April.

Hi!

This is the 3rd day of confinement in Spain (at least in my city) and it's being quite hard, though, most people are not following the government instructions, so I don't know for how long this situation will last. I hope everything is getting better in Italy, our news stopped informing us of the situation abroad since they are more focused on trying to make people aware of the state here. So best wishes to all of you and the other people in Europe coping with this.

I don't think Vulcanus will be cancelled (or I hope so), since this is suposed to be over in some weeks/months, so everything should be ok by the end of summer (if we follow the instructions given by the healthcare authorities and take the apropiate measurements).

Nope, I don't expect to get any new emails before April, so we will have to wait a bit more. However, being locked at home won't help making the waiting pass by faster. What are you doing over there to cope with it? I'm trying to study and write my Master's thesis, but I get easily distracted at home.
Speenda

Postby Speenda » 13 Mar 2020, 14:47

Giulia_F wrote:Hello guys,
how are you all doing?

Hi Giulia, I'm quite concerned since I didn't manage to contact my university for the certificate of enrollment. It seems the International Relations Office is completely closed. At least Ms. Rosada told me they will wait until the offices reopen, so I hope everything goes well. I spend my time trying to study for my last exams and writing my master thesis, and apart from that I'm playing videogames a bit. At least, since we cannot go out, we can try to prepare a bit for Vulcanus too :D

Speaking of which, which placement are you all applying for? I'm gonna try n°6, even if I know it'll be very hard to get selected it's the company I'm most suitable for!
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 15 Mar 2020, 12:05

Speenda wrote:Hi Giulia, I'm quite concerned since I didn't manage to contact my university for the certificate of enrollment. It seems the International Relations Office is completely closed. At least Ms. Rosada told me they will wait until the offices reopen, so I hope everything goes well. I spend my time trying to study for my last exams and writing my master thesis, and apart from that I'm playing videogames a bit. At least, since we cannot go out, we can try to prepare a bit for Vulcanus too :D

Speaking of which, which placement are you all applying for? I'm gonna try n°6, even if I know it'll be very hard to get selected it's the company I'm most suitable for!

Hello! I'm really sorry for the situation, but I'm sure it will all be sorted out (after all it's nobody's fault). It may be possible that the administrative staff of your uni is working remotely, so they can at least access their email and keep in touch with Vulcanus.

These days I'm also studying a lot for university, and I'm following the lessons on Microsoft Teams so after all it's just as if I were attending them physically haha. Moreover, I ordered a Japanese language book to strengthen my bases and start learning something more. It will be for sure useful if I'm going to be in Japan later on this year, but I'm also doing it for pure enjoyment!
I am also reading books and playing videogames, I'm currently going forward in "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" that I had to neglect the past months to fully concentrate on university.

For what concerns the placement, are we allowed to disclose our placement number? I recall reading something about keeping some stuff private, but I don't really remember if it was just about the placements' list.
For now I will tell that is a placement that is really close to my specific field of studies, and I really feel that I would be a great fit! There is only 1 available spot though.
Your choice was one of the top 3 of my application form! In the end they matched me to another offer (that I feel is the most suitable for me), but if that was not the case we could have been rivals! :lol:
Speenda

Postby Speenda » 16 Mar 2020, 08:38

Giulia_F wrote:
Speenda wrote:Hi Giulia, I'm quite concerned since I didn't manage to contact my university for the certificate of enrollment. It seems the International Relations Office is completely closed. At least Ms. Rosada told me they will wait until the offices reopen, so I hope everything goes well. I spend my time trying to study for my last exams and writing my master thesis, and apart from that I'm playing videogames a bit. At least, since we cannot go out, we can try to prepare a bit for Vulcanus too :D

Hello! I'm really sorry for the situation, but I'm sure it will all be sorted out (after all it's nobody's fault). It may be possible that the administrative staff of your uni is working remotely, so they can at least access their email and keep in touch with Vulcanus.

These days I'm also studying a lot for university, and I'm following the lessons on Microsoft Teams so after all it's just as if I were attending them physically haha. Moreover, I ordered a Japanese language book to strengthen my bases and start learning something more. It will be for sure useful if I'm going to be in Japan later on this year, but I'm also doing it for pure enjoyment!
I am also reading books and playing videogames, I'm currently going forward in "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" that I had to neglect the past months to fully concentrate on university.

For what concerns the placement, are we allowed to disclose our placement number? I recall reading something about keeping some stuff private, but I don't really remember if it was just about the placements' list.
For now I will tell that is a placement that is really close to my specific field of studies, and I really feel that I would be a great fit! There is only 1 available spot though.
Your choice was one of the top 3 of my application form! In the end they matched me to another offer (that I feel is the most suitable for me), but if that was not the case we could have been rivals! :lol:

If I recall correctly we must keep company names private, but I think there's nothing wrong with numbers. I'm planning to study a bit more of Japanese this summer too btw :)
(And what a surprise, actually I'm playing Zelda BotW too, maybe a litte too much ahah. It's just the perfect game to relax and don't think continuously about Vulcanus!)
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 17 Mar 2020, 09:48

Speenda wrote:If I recall correctly we must keep company names private, but I think there's nothing wrong with numbers. I'm planning to study a bit more of Japanese this summer too btw :)
(And what a surprise, actually I'm playing Zelda BotW too, maybe a litte too much ahah. It's just the perfect game to relax and don't think continuously about Vulcanus!)

Alright, then I'll tell my placement! (even tho I'm a bit superstitious, I hope this won't bring me bad luck :lol: )
I applied for placement n°8!
elep37

Postby elep37 » 17 Mar 2020, 10:27

I just finished the interviews for my placement, had 3 in total. I feel relieved now. I guess we'll know the results in a few weeks.
Polaris

Postby Polaris » 17 Mar 2020, 11:02

elep37 wrote:I just finished the interviews for my placement, had 3 in total. I feel relieved now. I guess we'll know the results in a few weeks.

I didn't know they were having interviews. I didn't get any news from my company. I don't know if this is good because there was noone else applying for that one or bad because I didn't meet their requirements...

Anyway, good luck to you, you did everything you could so far, so just let's wait.
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 17 Mar 2020, 11:09

elep37 wrote:I just finished the interviews for my placement, had 3 in total. I feel relieved now. I guess we'll know the results in a few weeks.

Congratulations! How did they go? Did they ask a lot of technical questions or more of general and motivational ones? Also, which placement are you applying for? (just the number) to know if I should worry or not :lol:

By the way, by reading the topics of the last years' selections, I grasped that interviews are pretty rare (I don't know which companies conduct them).
elep37

Postby elep37 » 17 Mar 2020, 11:33

Polaris wrote:

I didn't know they were having interviews. I didn't get any news from my company. I don't know if this is good because there was noone else applying for that one or bad because I didn't meet their requirements...

Anyway, good luck to you, you did everything you could so far, so just let's wait.

As far as I know most companies don't conduct interviews, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Giulia_F wrote:Congratulations! How did they go? Did they ask a lot of technical questions or more of general and motivational ones? Also, which placement are you applying for? (just the number) to know if I should worry or not :lol:

By the way, by reading the topics of the last years' selections, I grasped that interviews are pretty rare (I don't know which companies conduct them).

I'm not sure how it went to be honest. One of the interviews was purely behavioral, while the others were more technical. They were pretty tough, but I guess that's true for the rest of the applicants too. It was placement 10.
Joytzi
Selected Member

Postby Joytzi » 17 Mar 2020, 18:37

elep37 wrote:
Polaris wrote:

As far as I know most companies don't conduct interviews, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Giulia_F wrote:Congratulations! How did they go? Did they ask a lot of technical questions or more of general and motivational ones? Also, which placement are you applying for? (just the number) to know if I should worry or not :lol:

I'm not sure how it went to be honest. One of the interviews was purely behavioral, while the others were more technical. They were pretty tough, but I guess that's true for the rest of the applicants too. It was placement 10.

Good luck with your interviews. As I can see they start contacting people already. I am really nervous and the isolation due to corona virus doesn’t help at all. I hope to have an answer soon.
hidesagred97
Shortlisted Member

Postby hidesagred97 » 18 Mar 2020, 13:38

Hey guys. Don´t worry about not having any interview. Not all companies do them. Last year, some of us had interviews and other, (like me), did not have any.
MC95

Postby MC95 » 19 Mar 2020, 21:57

Hi, I've been shortlisted but I haven't been contacted by the company yet. Should I worry?
Konstantinos

Postby Konstantinos » 19 Mar 2020, 22:19

MC95 wrote:Hi, I've been shortlisted but I haven't been contacted by the company yet. Should I worry?

I haven't been contacted either, but from what I understand only some companies do interviews.

So the fact that we haven't been contacted by a company is neither good or bad.

I am more worried about the COVID-19 situation. I hope it doesn't affect the programme.
Giulia_F

Postby Giulia_F » 21 Mar 2020, 20:51

Guys I have a doubt: you all didn't receive any other mails from Ms. Rosada (or any other people of Vulcanus board) apart from the shortlisting one right?
I don't know why, today I woke up with this sudden question and I started freaking out a bit :lol:
Polaris

Postby Polaris » 22 Mar 2020, 10:03

Giulia_F wrote:Guys I have a doubt: you all didn't receive any other mails from Ms. Rosada (or any other people of Vulcanus board) apart from the shortlisting one right?
I don't know why, today I woke up with this sudden question and I started freaking out a bit :lol:

No, I didn't get anything at least. I think that if we are not required to have an interview, the only email we will get is when they have made the final selection, so I would try not to worry too much.

One less day until everything is done. Take care all of you.
Joytzi
Selected Member

Postby Joytzi » 22 Mar 2020, 12:00

I didn’t get either. I think that you are not supposed to get any email from them but only from the company.

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”