[System of grading at your university]

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: Ktrn, yez

leqo
Shortlisted Member

[System of grading at your university]

Postby leqo » 17 Dec 2017, 22:07

Good evening,

I have two questions about the compulsory document explaining the system of grading at your university:
    Does "pass mark" correspond to my final grade?
    Is the "average mark" the average mark of the students of my department (that followed the same degree as me)? Or what? Also, where do I find it?

I downloaded a page from the website of my University that describes properly the actual grading system, but the "average mark" I mentioned before is missing. Of course, even my final mark is missing.

Is it ok to write this document by yourself? I mean, copying the contents of the official document downloaded from university's website and adding the missing informations?

Thanks in advance
Malchior

Re: [System of grading at your university]

Postby Malchior » 19 Dec 2017, 11:23

Hello,
I belive the pass mark is the lowest grade that you can be awarded in general when you pass the course, test or exam.
Rolling with this logic, the average mark is the grade corresponding to acquiring 50% of the points on exam.
In the case of the document I have received from my university when I had asked for for the grading system, it simply contained a table, that looked like this:

Grade --|----Description-------|--------Percentage of the correct answers
--5.0-----------very good---------------------------100%-91%
--4.5--------better than good----------------------90%-81%
--4.0--------------good-------------------------------80%-71%
etc.
leqo
Shortlisted Member

Postby leqo » 02 Jan 2018, 12:30

Just wondering: is there anyone who filled this document by himself or herself?
Wiers

Postby Wiers » 07 Jan 2018, 15:01

Aren't there any guidelines on the uni website or something? I think you're better off asking for a more official answer from someone there. Just to be safe.
Chrismian

Postby Chrismian » 07 Jan 2018, 18:12

In this document, I wrote the pass mark as the minimum mark needed to pass the exam. Someone has information about the "Average mark"?
Fredy

Postby Fredy » 10 Jan 2018, 19:41

It can be written by you. I did that last year. I copied part from my study regulations to word and then translated it.

As for average mark, it´s enough if you have the table showing all the grades possible.

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”