Stamp on certificate of enrolment

Vulcanus in Japan 2017-2018 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: Ktrn, yez

pietro93
Shortlisted Member

Stamp on certificate of enrolment

Postby pietro93 » 08 Jan 2018, 11:19

Does anyone know whether electronic certificates of enrolment are accepted? The document requirements state "Please submit certificate of enrolment OR letter from your University administration (with original stamp)", it is a bit unclear whether the stamp is needed on both documents or only on the letter of administration.

I'm asking this because I printed my certificate of enrolment (which has a digital stamp and it's supposedly valid) and then went to my university office this morning to ask if they could stamp it again but they refused to do so (beauraucracy...) and they said they will charge me for a letter (and since I enrol semester by semester, I will need at least two letters and I'd rather not pay that much).
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Re: Stamp on certificate of enrolment

Postby yez » 13 Jan 2018, 11:47

You have been shortlisted before? Theoretically you should already know then, if its okay or not. At least in the years before, the mail containing information about the second phase (shortlisting results), contained a list of individuals, who need to resubmit the certificate.

There they explicitly wrote:
The document (or letter) must be written
Ø in an official paper issued by the administration OR the International Relations Office of your university,
Ø with stamp & signature of the person in charge.
Ø in English

So, I had the same. My university does not officially handout anything with a stamp. I simply sent mine as is (pdf+print).

First time I was shortlisted, they didn't say anything.
Second time I was shortlisted (and later accepted): I did end up having to resend my certificate of enrollment along like 30 other people (this is announced when shortlisted). Not sure why they didn't say anything the first time. Funnily, the year I was accepted, around 14 selected participants were on that list. So really nothing to worry about.
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...
pietro93
Shortlisted Member

Postby pietro93 » 13 Jan 2018, 17:37

yez wrote:You have been shortlisted before? Theoretically you should already know then, if its okay or not. At least in the years before, the mail containing information about the second phase (shortlisting results), contained a list of individuals, who need to resubmit the certificate.

There they explicitly wrote:

The document (or letter) must be written
Ø in an official paper issued by the administration OR the International Relations Office of your university,
Ø with stamp & signature of the person in charge.
Ø in English

So, I had the same. My university does not officially handout anything with a stamp. I simply sent mine as is (pdf+print).

First time I was shortlisted, they didn't say anything.
Second time I was shortlisted (and later accepted): I did end up having to resend my certificate of enrollment along like 30 other people (this is announced when shortlisted). Not sure why they didn't say anything the first time. Funnily, the year I was accepted, around 14 selected participants were on that list. So really nothing to worry about.

Yes, I have been shortlisted two years ago and I remember having to send my certificate of enrolment three times before they finally accepted it... altho I was in a different university and they had no problem stamping my documents back then. My issue this year is that my international office told me that I should be able to send the document without a stamp, while from my experience I doubt this is acceptable.

In the end I will have my international office send the documents so hopefully it should be fine, if I get shortlisted again I will probably have to send a new one :)
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Postby yez » 14 Jan 2018, 17:37

Most likely you will have to send it again, but you might as well wait then. Sometimes universities can be a pain, as some employees go "oh, i can't stamp it, because its already official without.". Happened to me, luckily the study program coordinator walked passed, overheard, laughed and put a stamp on it.
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”