Departure date if selected

Vulcanus in Japan 2018-2019 Forum.
The Programme's main forum.
Here you will find pretty much everything related to Vulcanus in Japan. Information about this session and also previous sessions - applications, shortlisting, selection, etc.

English is mandatory.

Moderators: Ktrn, yez

Mathilde2211

Departure date if selected

Postby Mathilde2211 » 11 Feb 2019, 15:57

Hello,

I am currently applying for Vulcanus and I have a concern regarding the departure date.
It is written that all students must arrive in Japan on the same day and that the program starts in September.

For former participants, when did you arrive in Japan?
I will do an internship until August 30th : if I am selected, is it ok to end this traineeship this late ? Or do you think I should try to end it earlier?

Thank you very much !
yez
Vulcanus alumnus (15-16)

Re: Departure date if selected

Postby yez » 12 Feb 2019, 00:03

In my year, we had to arrive 1st of September I believe. Expect to arrive on 1st of Sep. this year as well (since its on a Sunday), such that kick-off is on Monday - obviously that's just a guess on my side.

So, if you believe you can wrap all your business in time and you don't mind leaving very soon after you finish your internship (possibly even the next day), then its possible. Whether that's too stressful for you, is up to you to decide.

If you are legally entitled to (un/paid) holidays during your internship, just save some. If you don't have any holidays, maybe ask your supervisor ahead of time, if you can "unofficially" work some extra hours and leave 1-3 days early. As long as you aren't selected I wouldn't bother annoying my internship supervisor/company yet (at least generally speaking and worst case just play it by ear.
zaragui wrote:I love yez so much...
Mathilde2211

Re: Departure date if selected

Postby Mathilde2211 » 12 Feb 2019, 13:16

Thanks !

You're right, I'm not even shortlisted yet haha (and expect the worst, though I wish for the best)^^
I'll keep it like that !

Return to “Vulcanus in Japan”